About Compassion Acts
Launched in the summer of 2019, and emerging out of a previous organisation (Southport & Formby Churches Debt Centre Ltd) the charity it has a good reputation in the local area for the provision of Foodbank and other wrap around services. In order to strengthen the capacity of the organisation and to meet increasing needs from the public we are recruiting – and hope that you consider joining us. Information about our projects can be found on social media and our own website.
Logistics & Premises Assistant
Poverty Reduction Manager
Liaising regularly with/deputising for:
Food Supplies Coordinator, Centre Leads, volunteers, Social Wellbeing Officer
6 per week, worked over 2 or 3 afternoons until 5pm
Rate of Pay:
Real Living Wage, via Living Wage Foundation, currently £9.90
Fixed term contract to 31st August 2024
25 days pro rate annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays. Travel expenses and access to training and development commensurate with the role.
Personal attributes of the postholder
- A people-person and a team player
- Experience of working with volunteers and in charities
- A can-do attitude with the willingness to respond creatively to a fast-moving environment
- A practical person with the skills to undertake minor repairs and premises tasks.
- Appreciation and demonstrable affinity with the Christian values of the charity in aiming to reduce poverty and improve wellbeing.
To play a key part in ensuring a safer, tidy and attractive working environment at Victoria Centre. Additionally ensuring that the charity’s warehouse operates according to plans put in place by the Food Supplies Coordinator and the management team in terms of rotation of stock and its moving into vans and out to our Centres.
This role is a part of the day-to-day management of this small charity and therefore responsibilities may vary from time to time and a degree of flexibility is expected.
To undertake duties within the Poverty Reduction Team in the following way:
- Ensure a safer environment, monitoring security and undertaking the locking up protocol at the end of a working day.
- Regular tests of fire equipment and alarms.
- Making up food crates as required.
- Sweeping and clearing car park and external areas.
- Loading and unloading vans.
- Minor repairs and improvements, for example, painting or erecting furniture.
- Light bulb replacement and interior window cleaning.
- Setting out the community room for events, as directed.
- Contribute logistical support to the charity’s pilot projects in the after-school sector.
- Assist the Food Supplies Coordinator at peak times of high level of donations. Those donations to be recorded and processed e.g. Harvest festivals
- Work as part of a team contributing to Compassion Acts’ wider responsibilities; participate in regional meetings from time to time and any fundraising initiatives such as the bi-annual Tesco collections.
- To work unsupervised at times.
The post holder may need to step in and drive a van at times to cover staff or volunteer absences, so a full driving licence with no endorsements would be an advantage.